AC System Replacement Houston TX
When your air conditioner goes out, you have limited time before things get sticky. If you have an older unit, maybe you’ve known this day would come and you’ve done a little research. But if you have a newer system and have not been getting regular maintenance checkups, this break could come as a total surprise and you may be scrambling to make the best decision to move forward. To help, we’ve compiled a list of 5 things to know about AC system replacement.
1. Repair or replace? This is a decision that your trusted HVAC company should help you determine, but a few key questions that may lead to replacement: is your AC system more than 10 years old, or is the SEE rating below 10? What condition is the duct work in? What is your home’s insulation like?
2. Know your square footage. The amount of space you need to cool will help you and your HVAC company narrow down your best options for your AC system replacement.
3. Aim for efficient. There are rebates and/or tax credits available for energy efficient appliances, including air conditioners. While a more energy efficient unit may cost more up front, the amortization of the unit will be less in the end as you’ll save money on your energy bills (plus credits/rebates).
4. Automate the cooling. When replacing your AC system, consider installing an automatic or programmable thermostat. This will help you cool your home only when people are there and you need it, again saving on your overall energy costs.
5. Costs. An AC system replacement may not be as expensive as you think. They can range between $3,000 and $10,000. At Kingwood Air Repair, we work with you to recommend a system that will work for you, your home and your family – we aren’t trying to sell the most expensive unit on the market.
Bonus tip: schedule annual maintenance checkups for your new AC system once it’s installed. This will keep your system running efficiently for as long as possible and help you catch small, easy to fix issues before they become full-blown problems that can cost a lot of money to repair or replace. To inquire about AC system replacement or our maintenance program, call Kingwood Air Repair at (281) 441-4500.